Met my friend Jenn for lunch and she looked awesome with only a white t-shirt, denims, and a pair of heels. When she was complimented, she immediately mentioned she had on a new pair of Gap 1969 legging jeans and the aha moment came. Here are my top 5 signs you have on a good pair of jeans:
- The moment you put them on you look 5 pounds lighter.
- You attempt to wear them twice in one week.
- You can itemize them with simple shirt and not feel so simple.
- When your shirt goes up it doesn’t reveal that gravity has not taken your jeans down to your ass crack.
- The compliments keep flowing about how good you look and you give it all to the jeans like you don’t look good too.
Images from Zimbio.com
Lupita Nyong’o has not only been snagging all of the trophies this award season for best supporting actress for her role in 12 Years a Slave; she has also been best dressed on each red carpet. So what is it? After eyeballing each look on Zimbo.com I have came to the main conclusion. It is color with color.
Usually when I talk to my beautifully brown clients they are afraid to be so bold and bright but the glam squad of the Kenyan Golden Globe winner is proving that popping colors look just as better on darker skins. Orange, corals, fuchsia’s, and even white on Nyogo smooth dark skin is the palette to highlight how powerful brights can be the showstopper on one’s look.